Tuesday, November 30, 2010

your only obligation is HIM

I have been quite the night owl the past couple of weeks. For those of you who know me, this is something that happened on a rare occasion. Since I have been living here, I really have not cared about what time I go to sleep and if I wake up the next morning tired then oh well...it's just sleep, one day I will catch up on it. Of course all of my west coast friends love that I stay up until all hours of the night talking with them instead of sleeping. I wouldn't change it for a second!
One thing I have been doing lately is when I can't sleep is opening up my Bible and reading it. I have found that all I need to do is ask and seek my Heavenly Father and He has all the answers. We can just sit around and wait for God to show us where He wants us and His will for out lives but have we really even asked Him. That is something that was really eye opening to me lately. When I actually ask God for help, He has an answer. My brother, Aaron randomly text the other day at just the perfect time. He said, "April, be where God wants you because you'll never have true joy anywhere else. If you are growing then I think that's where God wants you and your only obligation is to Him." God used this random text from my brother to bless me...Those words spoke so profoundly to me because it is so true. My only obligation is to God and no one else. Wherever He wants me in this life  is where I want to be. For now, it is here in Pennsylvania, but it is so exciting to really let go and let God lead the plan He has in store for my life wherever that may be in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment