Wednesday, November 24, 2010

thankful

Well today marks me living in PA for two months now. Woo Hoo...I made it so far!!! Its been a while since I've blogged last and a lot has happened since...
My new job is going really well and I absolutely love it. The hour drive up and back is really annoying but I am getting used to it. Will drives in the morning and I drive home. On my way to work I started reading this book called Captivating. It really has taught me a lot and I think every girl needs to read it.
I am all settled in and have a semi routine that like to do on my days off. Tuesdays and Thursdays I get all my school work done so that I can avoid having to do it on the weekends. A few weeks ago I started going to this women's Bible study with my sister on Tuesday nights. It is nice to be around other Christian women...I am the youngest one there and the only one who is not married but it has allowed me to learn things that I otherwise would not have learned. Also on my days off, I have been trying to work out and go tanning. My new thing has been renting movies...I've never really had time to go to the movies or rent them in the past but now I have a little more time so I thought that I should start catching up on some movies that I have been wanting to see...I rented a ton of movies in the past week...sex and the city 2, love happens, all about steve, what happened to the morgans, date night, eat pray love, the killers, and shutter island...haven't watched them all yet but of the ones I have, some of them not so good but others I was pleasantly surprised.
Two weeks ago we went to try out a new church. I was so excited because I have really been praying about finding a church that I feel at home at and have been wanting to get involved in a college group and meet people my age who have a love for God. The second I walked into this church, I knew it was where I was supposed to be...Everyone was so unbelievably welcoming and loving. That is how church is supposed to be but it kind of shocked me because I was not used to feeling so at home. I got information about their college group which is every Thursday night...I tried it out last Thursday and could not have been more blessed. The people were again so welcoming and came up to me and introduced themselves. I literally look forward to church now! I get all excited every week to go. Worship is something that I long for...it is the place that I feel closest to God and their worship is AMAZING!!! The service is amazing as well and I am continuing to grow from it.
Another thing that I have been learning lately is that each and every life is so precious and I can not take one day for granted. Finding out that my dad has prostate cancer is something that you really never prepare yourself for. It is a scary feeling and especially because there is that fear of the unknown. Then on top of that, I get a call early Saturday morning from my dad and I freaked out because I did not know why he was calling so early. Him and my step mom were on their way to their house in Pinetop, AZ that they go to every Thanksgiving. My dad was driving and an Elk jumped out in front of his suburban while he was driving 75 mph not giving him and time to even hit his breaks, and he hit it. It totalled his truck and deployed both air bags but thank God His hand of protection was over them and they are both fine and injury free. It really got me thinking and put life in perspective...you never know when your last phone conversation will be or the last time that you see someone. From here on out, I am trying to live each day to the fullest and make sure I tell my friends and family that I love them because no one is promised tomorrow. It has given me a joyful attitude. I have been so happy lately and laughing as much as possible.
Today I have been missing my friends and family more than usual. I think it's because of the holidays coming up. I have half of my family here with me which is awesome but the other half is in California and they are missed. THANKFUL is what I am feeling right now! Thankful for my wonderful family and wonderful friends even if they are across the country. I am so thankful for my WONDERFUL God who shows me so much grace, gives me life, fills me with love, and a joyful heart. Nothing feels better than knowing my God can do anything and He proves that to me on a daily basis! I am SOOOO in love with HIM!!! Happy Thanksgiving. Remember you have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment